The cheesecake is a traditional Anglo-Saxon cake, made from fresh cheese. From home preparation par excellence it is renewed and enriched over time becoming an iconic dessert of contemporary cuisine characterise by increasingly innovative combinations.
Our No-bake cheesecake is a very simple dessert, with a quick and easy recipe, ready in just 20 minutes. As always, then, the time required for cooling should be taken into account. Being a dessert without cooking is ideal to prepare when it is very hot and turning on the oven is certainly not tempting. Made with mascarpone, cream and a simple topping with raspberry jam, however, it can be reinterpreted by opting for a different cover, such as blueberry jam or serving it naturally with a strawberry Coulis.
FOR THE BASE
- 250 grams disgestive biscuits
- 125 grams butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 8 grams food gelatin in sheets
FOR THE STUFFING
- 750 grams fresh cheese like Philadelphia
- 170 ml fresh cream
- 80 grams granulated sugar
- 250 grams raspberry jam
- a few drops of lemon juice
- half a glass of water
- Start the preparation of the no-bake cheesecake from the base: chop the biscuits finely with the mixer, put them in a bowl and mix them with the melted butter. Alternatively, you can pulverize them with a meat beater after locking them in a food bag. Arrange the mixture to cover the bottom of a 22 cm diameter zipper mould, leveling well with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until the cake is made.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for the time indicated on the package, about 10 minutes. In a bowl, whisk the fresh cheese with the sugar, 150g of cream and the vanilla seeds extracted from the berry, until smooth. Place the remaining cream in a saucepan and heat it. Add the gelatin well squeezed and stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool and add the mixture to the fresh cheese mixture, mixing well. Pour everything on the basis of biscuits, level and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. After this time heat the raspberry jam in a saucepan with water and lemon juice. Let it cool and spread it on the surface of the cake. Refrigerate again for 1 hour, then add the no-bake cheesecake and serve.